Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Phenomena Trailer



Watched on 1/30-31, about half each time.

Has a very young Jennifer Connelly, Donald Pleasance,and a razor-wielding chimp. Argento is an acquired taste for me, I actually prefer Lucio Fulci for entertainment value even though Dario is the "better" filmmaker. Argento has a lot of good scenes and sequences, although the movies overall are usually not satisfying. I do like one thing he said once---"We rarely solve mysteries in life, so why should the movies be any different?"

I saw it once before at a university in Portland. I was vacationing there. I had seen in a local paper that there would be a screening and walked there, only to find that it was just a VHS tape projected on a screen in a classroom. And it was the cut American version! Still had an okay time.

I like SUSPIRIA and DEEP RED better, but this isn't bad.

MONTH-END SCOREBOARD:

Books read: 3 Movies watched: 14

Working on several books so February should be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment