Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Manos The Hands of Fate - Trailer



Yes, it's probably the worst movie ever made, at least in the low budget division. Personally, I think a lot of bigger movies are worse because they have the resources to do better, also more people are involved in making decisions who theoretically should know better. Still, this is pretty bad, and very hard to watch even with the Mystery Science Theater crew to help you through it. I've never tried to watch it in its unedited form, that would be the bad movie equivalent of the triple black diamond ski run.

It still has a creepy vibe at times...the idea of getting lost somewhere and not being able to leave. It's the bad movie Hotel California.

There's a great article about the making of the film [the fertilizer salesman who wrote and directed was convinced he was making a masterpiece, which is probably why this movie has endured among bad movie fans, nothing is for laughs.) The bad part is that it is harder to laugh at Torgo [the guy with the beard stumbling around] when you know the backstory....he allegedly was on acid through a lot of the shooting and took his own life not long afterward.

I only half watched this, though, I was fooling around on the laptop, but I suppose it still counts. This was actually watched on Sunday night/early Mon. morning.

Monday night we watched BLACK SWAN which I've seen three times now. I think that was the last film we saw in the theater, making 2011 the first year I didn't go to the movies at all. Was a little disappointed by the Blu-Ray, apparently it is grainy because the film was in 16mm [not a film buff, but that means it was intended to be grainy.] We mainly got the disc for the extras, though, so it was still worth it.

Think I'm only going to post trailers when I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment