Sunday, January 22, 2012

Other things I watched on Jan 21/22

Ended up watching LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS, which I won't bother to post a trailer for.

Also caught MESSIAH OF EVIL via the "Creepy KOFY Movie Time" website. I love horror hosted shows and used to watch CKMT back when I lived in the Bay Area, so I'm happy to see I can still watch old episodes online.

MESSIAH OF EVIL had one thing I found pretty creepy....the idea of ordinary looking people attacking someone as a mob in a public place. A group of them [they are sort of like zombie-like cult followers that eat people] attack someone in the supermarket. The most effective scene has a young woman admitted to a movie theater, with the CLOSED sign put up right after she goes inside. She sits down in an empty theater, but then gradually more and more people show up sitting behind her, and she realizes something is wrong. She tries to leave but the doors are locked and at that point her fellow moviegoers get up and go after her....

It's one of those cult movies I'd heard about on various message boards but never managed to see until now.

Finally finished another book, THE BROTHERS SISTERS by Patrick DeWitt, a western of sorts about two brothers who are hired killers. Read it over a couple of days, it was a really good read. Second book I've finished this year, and the first novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment