Saturday, February 25, 2012

Watching Take Shelter....


..and it's like watching paint dry. I feel like I'm under the influence of sedatives.
I like some stuff abut it but it is very, very slow with not much happening. That seems to be the direction movies, especially indie movies, are going these days.

Finished A FAN'S NOTES, an autobiographical novel which I've been "working on" for years. It's by Frederick Exley and is nominally about a troubled man who lives in a small town and lives for alcohol and the New York Giants, especially Frank Gifford.
It's more than that, it's crazy houses and bad jobs, and lots of craziness. I like this picture of the author. He passed away about 20 years ago, wrote three books and a lot of articles. A FAN'S NOTES was the first of the three, I have not seen the others, although a couple of years ago I read a book called EXLEY that was about a kid whose dad was an obsessive fan of Exley and A FAN'S NOTES.

No comments:

Post a Comment