Sunday, February 12, 2012

Son of Frankenstein



Saw this on Me-TV with Svengoolie! I love the horror host shows, but most have to play the same nine or ten old public domain movies, but Me-TV or whomever pays for the Universal package of films. We had a "Scary movie" show on Friday nights when I was a kid but I could never stay up and watch it most of the time since it came on at 11:30. I remember once time as a kid I was able to stay up and I felt so proud of myself.

Anyway, this was one of the films that they often played. I have the Frankenstein films on DVD but this was the first time I'd seen this. It's surprisingly long for a film back then at 100 minutes. It's also strange in that the true villain of the movie is Ygor, who uses the Monster to strike back at his enemies. The Monster himself sort of takes a back seat.

It's also funny to watch and see just how many things were taken by Mel Brooks when he made YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN---right down to the giant knockers! Huh huh huh...

Finished two other books, House of Prayer No. 2 [a memoir] and Killer Stuff and Tons of Money which is about the antique trade. Enjoyed both, but I really inhaled Killer Stuff. I submitted a poem this week but don't know how it will turn out, it's for a literary journal and I sort of doubt it's good enough but I thought it was worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment