Saturday, June 9, 2012

The book front.

Have a lot of books to read, many of which I don't finish. Right now I'm reading Roger Ebert's biography, LIFE ITSELF. I enjoy the stories of his life as a young newspaperman, hanging out in bars, and then being drafted into film criticism. I'm envious in a lot of ways. I think Ebert would like that, that despite all of his recent difficulties, that a reader of his memoir would ultimately envy his life. I work now, and wish I had more time to read. I only work part-time, but it still takes up half a day, every day. Still, I guess it's a good way to ease back into the world of work after being out of it for years. Still looking for something full-time, and something more stable. I'm also re-reading Larry McMurtry's LITERARY LIFE, in hopes that it will cause me to write again, something I haven't done in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment